Friday, August 21, 2009

The Blue Man Group

I don't have much time to write before I go be miserable at work (quit bitching) but I wanted to let you (my 4? readers) know that "District 9" is, indeed, awesome. It is like Gene Roddenberry and David Cronenberg met, fell in love, and gave birth to this movie (highly unlikely.) It has heart, action, just enough gore, and "it is not hard to figure out" social commentary. Neill Blomkamp, the Director, is going to be huge! Can't wait for his next film.... and District 10 which should be out in about 3 years...

I was a bit late getting to this movie so I missed one preview (you know how I like previews.) Of course, this was the Mother of all previews, "Avatar." I ran into the theatre only to see one blue head and the screen go blank. So, high on "District 9," I rushed home to the trusty internet and watched this.....

Not enough Sam Worthington, too many blue people. Why am I getting a sinking feeling in my chest? Please tell me this is not going to suck.

No comments: