Monday, December 6, 2010

The Walking Dead: Season One


 The Walking Dead final aired on AMC last night.  The season was six episodes long- way to short!  AMC is such a tease.  I believe we will have to wait until October for season two. 


The Walking Dead was quite simply amazing- all I could have hoped for and more.  I am not super familiar with the comics: I have only read a few of them, but I know enough about the general storyline to have me very excited about season two.  I understand that the show is not following the comics exactly: certain characters who should be dead are not, but as long as they make it to the prison and the Governor shows up I will be happy.


The show was a perfect mix of gore, horror, and good old fashioned storytelling.  It was the characters and their relationships that had me turning in week after week.  I can't wait to see what happens to them as their situation goes from bad to worse.  Thanks to AMC, Frank Darabont, Gale Ann Hurd, Greg Nicotero, Robert Kirkman, and everyone involved bringing this awesome show to life. 

Now- the top five reasons I still love TV:
  1. The Walking Dead
  2. Dexter
  3. Glee
  4. True Blood
  5. Toddlers & Tiaras

Yes, Glee ranks above True Blood just because it is slightly less ridiculous.  True Blood is only a little more horrifying than Toddlers & Tiaras.

No comments: