Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rue Morgue Magazine's 200 Alternative Horror Films You Need To See


This is good.  Really.  Find it and buy it.  Although I don't agree with every choice (I hate, and will continue to hate, Red State) a lot of it is spot on!  I was happy to see that I had seen a lot of the films, but not all of them.  So I compiled my own list and spent 20 minutes on Netflix working it out.  (What do you have against A Serbian Film Netflix?  I heard it's lovely.)   Here is my list of Rue Morgue films that I am going to watch this year.  I will tag them Rue Morgue 200.  I like having a project.  Some purpose, you know? 

Some of these films I HAVE seen before, just not in a long time.  Those I will "star".  I mean, how awesome is Event Horizon?  Of course that goes on the list!!

  • The Bad Seed*
  • A Bay of Blood
  • Behind the Mask-The rise of Leslie Vernon
  • The Blob 1988*
  • Blood Creek
  • Bloody Birthday
  • TCM 2*
  • Calvaire
  • Communion
  • Cube
  • Curse of the Demon
  • Curse of the Werewolf
  • Dead & Buried
  • Dagon
  • Demons 1985
  • Deranged
  • Diabolique 1955*
  • Enter the Void
  • The Entity
  • Event Horizon*
  • Father's Day
  • Frailty
  • Hardware*
  • The Haunting of Julia
  • Humanoids from the Deep
  • House 1977
  • I saw the Devil
  • Incubus 1965
  • The Legend of Boggy Creek
  • Lady in a Cage
  • Lair of the White Worm
  • Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
  • Lifeforce
  • Lord of Illusions
  • The Loved Ones
  • The House on Sorority Row*
  • Just Before Dawn
  • The Prowler
  • Stagefright
  • The Mothman Prophecies (even though it has Richard Gere in it)
  • The New Daughter (I actually own this and have never watched it.)
  • Phantasm II
  • Raw Meat
  • S&Man
  • The Sentinel
  • Sheitan
  • Something Wicked this way comes
  • The Spiral Staircase
  • The Stendhal Syndrome
  • Suicide Club
  • Targets
  • Toolbox Murder 2004
  • The Hunger*
  • Dracula (spanish version/also own)
  • Vinyan
  • Wakewood
  • Who can kill a child?
God, have I ever watched a horror movie?  This list is huge! 


No comments: