Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama-rama

We had a great time watching the inauguration last night. Pumpkin and I were "ooh-ing and awe-ing" over the Obama girls, who are just adorable. Sasha giving the thumbs up to Dad was a highlight, and I loved when Malia had Biden take a picture for her. Very cute. The boys laughed every time I clapped for Jimmy Carter. I can't help it, he is the Grandpa I always wished I had. This was the first inauguration I have ever watched and I was fascinated by the rules and rituals of the whole thing. It was all very regimented and old school and very, very cool. I loved that Bush had to get the hell out of there. Part of the whole ceremony.

We didn't watch too much of the Ball stuff (I know, I crack up every time I say or read it.) We did see the first dance. It was beautiful and Beyonce didn't even annoy me that much. Of course, she can't hold a candle to the original.

No comments: