Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reader's guilt

I thought I had hit a low with the "Twilight" books, but now I am totally addicted to the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries by Charlaine Harris. These are the books that HBO's "True Blood" is based on. My friend Carla gave me the first two for Christmas and my mother, who is obsessed with all things vampire (and she doesn't even like horror films) gave me the rest. There are like 20 of them! They all concern Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress who keeps getting mixed up with vampires. And by "mixed up" I mean sleeping with them. So they are a bit like "Twilight," only rated NC-17. In any case, there goes my plans to finally read "War and Peace" this month. I will wait until "War and Peace and Zombies" comes out, which I am sure is any day now.

3 comments:

Shoshanah Marohn said...

I'll write "War and Peace and Zombies" as soon as I'm done writing, "The Grapes of Wrath and Zombies". Last year, when I wrote, "The Brothers Karamotzov and Zombies," it was a real hit.

Jen said...

Add "and Zombies" to anything and it will be a big hit! How about "Alice in Wonderland and Zombies?"

Jen said...

"A tale of two Cities and Zombies"