Monday, May 25, 2009

Jeepers Creepers/Movie Trailers.


Enjoy the song stuck in my head while I muse about the film trailers I saw before "Terminator Salvation."

SHERLOCK HOLMES: Maybe. The trailer looks better on the second viewing, but I am still apprehensive. Purists will hate the re-casting of Holmes as an "Action Hero." 19th Century and "Action Hero" do not really go together. Just look at the "League of Extraordinary Gentleman," which this trailer strangely reminds me of. It also reminds me of the modern "Avengers," which is not good either. Now, I do love Robert Downey Jr, but I don't think he is the end all be all. I didn't really like "Iron Man." Also, the film stars Jude Law, who is the kiss of death. And
Guy Ritche has been having problems lately. But, it is still a maybe.

LAND OF THE LOST: Probably yes. I still love Will Ferrell and I really love Danny McBride. This looks stupid and silly enough for a matinee.

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN: NO. NO, NO, NO, NO, FUCK NO. Screw you Bay. No Way. I would rather see the next Nicholas Sparks film.

UP!: Yes. This looks delightful (and not in the ironic way I usually use that word.) I want to see it even more now that I know a little more about the storyline (very adult actually.) Also, I love the visual shout-out to "The Lost World."

THE HANGOVER: Yes! This film looks hilarous, has a great cast, and has huge buzz. Plus, Mike Tyson singing Genesis. And the trailer made my Mother laugh, and the woman was born without a sense of humor. (Not really, but comedy is just not her thing. Or Action, or Horror, or Drama. She likes Jane Austen and Twilight. That is about it.)

No comments: