Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Busy Week..

I have had a very busy week. Worked at the Stanford Pow Wow all weekend, which was very fun and very messy. I came home Sunday night caked with 7 layers of dirt. Anyway, this awesome picture was taken by my Husband, and is indicative of the incredible cuteness on display all weekend. My Mother also came up and had fun flirting with all the cute dancers.
I also saw "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," which was much better than I thought it would be (the reviews were pretty bad.) My only problem with it is that for a big budget film, the effects are pretty cheap. But it is cool because everybody dies and there is a decapitation at the end. (That was not really a spoiler.)

Why are all of these people looking down? Deadpool and Gambit (the two dudes on the left) were the best characters in the film (including Wolverine.) If you go see it, you MUST stay all the way through the end credits.

I also saw "Star Trek" which was absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to see it again. It was fresh, funny, and exciting.

The actors they got to play the crew are all perfect, especially Karl Urban as Bones and the guy from Heroes as Spock. He is not in this picture because they are all looking at him, in case you were wondering. There are no decapitations in this film.

I also finished the book "Julia," written by Peter Straub. I like his work, but I hate his depictions of women. Even in his most recent books, the heroines are all hysterical messes. They deserve to be haunted!

So that was my busy week. I now leave you with a preview of what may be the best film ever made. Enjoy.


No comments: