Thursday, May 27, 2010

Why? Martyrs

Welcome to a new segment called "Why?"  The weeks segment is the proposed remake of the excellent French film Martyrs.  To borrow from Seth and Amy: Really?  Check out the article from Brutal as Hell: http://www.brutalashell.com/2010/05/pascal-laugiers-martyrs-to-get-unnecessary-us-remake/

For a recent review of this excellent film, check out The Film Connoisseur: http://filmconnoisseur.blogspot.com/2010/05/martyrs-2008.html

And if I had ever bothered to label my posts back in the day you could check out my review.  It exists somewhere in the Netherlands.  Take my word for it: f'ing good movie.  No need for a remake.

6 comments:

Jose Cruz said...

I've yet to see this movie. I feel like such a shameful horror noob everytime I see someone talk about how great it is!

By the way, good to know this place is zombie free. But you didn't say anything about it being Mormon free! *Fay Wray scream*

Franco Macabro said...

Glad you liked this one, I was blown away by it! Thanks for linking my review of it on your post! :)

Jen said...

Joe-You have to see this movie- it awesome. After seeing it my first thought was "Shit, that was amazing.." and I don't often have that reaction. About the Mormon thing, I will see what I can do.

FC- Your review was great and did it much better justice than mine. This film stayed with me for days and I still think it is one of the best films (horror or not) that I have seen in the past few years.

Jen said...

"it awesome"- I've had too much wine.

a.e. said...

Have to disagree with you on this one--Martyrs is awful. Just an excuse to torture women, in my view, but one that dresses itself up with "french" chic cinema attitude. I watched it with the idea that it might be decent, but I found it repulsive. Of course there should not be a remake because the original was horrible! Love your blog, though.

Living Dead Girl Nicole said...

I really like this movie. Highly recommended!