Friday, November 13, 2009

Cannibal Holocaust

I survived watching Cannibal Holocaust. I really don't know what the big fuss is about. It is actually quite a delightful film. Cannibal Holocaust is the story of a grumpy old geezer named Carl Fredricksen who has been recently widowed. He decides to full fill his lifelong dream to going to "Paradise Falls" to search for the famed (and lost) explorer Charles F. Muntz. Attaching millions of helium balloons to his house, Carl flies away, with only a picture of his beloved wife Ellie to keep him company. Or so he thinks! A stowaway, in the form of an overeager Wilderness Scout named Russell, is hiding on his front porch. Together, Carl and Russell make it to "Paradise Falls," where they encounter exotic birds, talking dogs, untold danger, and finally, the famed explorer, who may not be the hero that Carl thought. Along the way they learn a little something about friendship and integrity. I tell you, I was bawling my eyes out. I highly recommend watching Cannibal Holocaust. It is a film for the kid in all of us.

I don't know why they named it Cannibal Holocaust. Perhaps the title in an allegory for how we can sabotage our own dreams through inaction or lethargy... Its beyond me.

No comments: