Sunday, June 29, 2008

Blow my Mind Book...

This book I am reading "House of Leaves" is awesome. So good I don't want to do anything but read it all day. It is one of those books that fills you with such a sense of dread that you are always looking over your shoulder. But then again I am usually filled with a sense of dread anyway. Another thing filling me with a sense of dread is that I am going to see "Wanted" today with the folks. It's getting great reviews though. Only that A-hole Mick LaSalle hated it. I should have called this blog "Mick LaSalle is a Motivator."

2 comments:

Shoshanah Marohn said...

When I read that book, it was right after Zelma was born, and I was nursing her at all hours of the day and night. After a while, I just had to stop reading it at night. That book at three AM, when your only company is someone who doesn't talk coherently yet, is really really creepy! It's awesome, though. I loved it. I just had to read it in the daytime, after a certain point!

Beer and Burritos said...

It is an excellent book although I was somewhat disappointed by the general lack of malevolence of the house. And what really motivated it? A zombie needs brains, vampires blood, what got the house going?

If I had a house like that there is no way in hell I would go exploring the 'closest'.