Friday, December 11, 2009

The Original Wolfman


Normally I would do my "vs." thing here, but since I have already posted The Wolfman trailer a couple of times I thought I would just go old school today. As I love Zombies, my Father loves The Wolfman. So I grew up with Werewolves, and Chaney's remains my favorite. Chaney's Larry Talbot is a poor schmuck who can't catch a break. First of all, he has to wonder how Claude Rains could possibly be his father (his mother must have been an amazon or something) and then, he gets bit by a gypsy who happens to be a werewolf. Unable to live with what he has become he begins a quest for death. This is like tragic Opera. This would actually make a pretty damn good Opera. Opera folks, you can thank me later for the idea.

Lon Chaney Jr. was a perfect choice to play the Wolfman. Larry Talbot is a bit of a lumbering oaf with sad eyes that you can't help but feel sorry for. Anytime I see Chaney in a film I can't help but think of his signature role. Lets hope that Benicio Del Toro (who I think is pretty awesome) can fill these very big shoes....

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright

No comments: