Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Words can't express how awesome it is...

This is why we watch Horror movies. Hundreds and hundreds of Horror movies in the hope the one of them will transcend the genre. Let the right One In is that movie. It is so amazing, I was up all night thinking about it. In this short time I am not ready to write about it yet. I am still processing it. But if you haven't seen it: SEE IT! It's that good..
What I can write about is the other thing I watched yesterday. An episode of "X-Files" from season four entitled "Home." This has been popping up on my radar for years. I was never a huge "X-Files" fan. I know, shocking isn't it? If I could go back in time yadda, yadda, yadda. I think it is my natural aversion to "Sci-Fi" that kept me from the "X-Files." Stupid, I know, specially since I love "Star Trek" and "V" and all that shit (this is post dinner and I have had three glasses of wine so expect the swearing to go up while the "making sense" factor goes down.) The thing is, "X-Files" had alot of "horror" themed stand-alone episodes and "Home" is one of them.

Some boys find a corpse which happens to be a mutated baby. Major, in-bred mutation, as it turns out. Mulder and Scully encounter the "Peacock" family, a "Father/Brother-son/brother-son/brother" trio that keep their limbless mother tied up under the bed for "procreation." Yes, this aired on Network Television and yes, it is as disturbing as it sounds. Anyway, I ran across references to this episode in "The Book of Lists: Horror" and "Rue Morgue" magazine. And they was right! This is some fucked up shit. I didn't bother to watch any of the other episodes because they all looked "mythology" based and I am to old to get involved with another mythology. I am already invested in "Lost" and "Gossip Girl."


No comments: