Monday, March 1, 2010

Sorry Mr. Kinski, my next obsession is....

Going to see Rashomon at the Stanford Theater tonight. Whenever I see a Kurosawa film starring Toshiro Mifune I become a little obsessed. This could be a regular segment on "Zombies are Magic": Dead guys I love. Here is a partial list:
  • Klaus Kinski (duh)
  • Toshiro Mifune
  • Colin Clive
  • Joseph Cotton
  • Gregory Peck
  • Bogart
  • Karloff
  • Lon Chaney (Sr and Jr)
  • David Naughton (he's still alive!! I saw him last night on Big Love!)
  • Ivor Novello

1 comment:

Franco Macabro said...

Mifune was awesome in Rashomon, which by the way is my favorite of the Kurosawa's that Ive seen so far.

I also recommend Akiro Kurosawa's Dreams if you havent checked it out already. Its made up of a bunch of beautifully directed and shot short films.